Home Based Visitor- Temporary
Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
Home Based Visitors enhances the role of parents as the primary educator of the child by providing comprehensive Early Head Start Services in the home setting.
The Home Based Visitor visits parents and children in their homes and helps integrate education goals, and prepares children for success. They will assist parents with establishing educational goals for children, help implement individualized lesson plans, and act as role model. The Home Based Visitor will also be responsible for keeping an accurate record of progress, and assist with recruiting families into the program. The hours for this role are 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday and Friday only, and will go through mid- May only.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bilingual Cantonese/ English required
- A valid Associate Teacher permit or higher is preferred
- Knowledge of Early Childhood Education and intervention
- Experience coaching and mentoring early childhood curriculums
- Ability to provide weekly in home support for home based parents and children
- A minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 12 units of Early Childhood Education units; including 6 units of Infant and Toddler units
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com