Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
WHO WE ARE:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
The Substitute Teacherworks with teachers following all established classroom practices and rules to ensure safe, secure, welcoming, fun-filled learning environments for Early Head Start/Head Start Children. The Substitute Teacher is required to be available between the hours of 7:30a.m-5:30p.m. Monday through Friday, to be on call and ready to come in as needed.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Demonstrated competence in supporting families
- Models good judgment and effective problem solving
- 6 months to one year working with young children
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team
- Good communication, problem solving, and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude
- Must be able to bend and lift 50 pounds
- A minimum of 12 units in Early Childhood Education
- Associate teacher permit required (with ability to achieve associate teacher permit within 6 months of hire)
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit a cover letter, your resume and a copy of your transcript, to firstname.lastname@example.org.