This page is in the process of being updated. Please excuse us for any inconvenience. Thank you for your patience.
Delivering high-quality child care
Wu Yee’s Child Care Provider Support Services Department improves the quality of early care and education for young children in the city by offering training, technical assistance and scholarships to family child care (FCC) providers. We offer services ranging from applying to new licenses to improving existing FCC businesses. We work with both new and experienced child care providers.
How do you become a family child care provider?
If you are interested in becoming a licensed family child care provider, Wu Yee can help you every step of the way.
To get a child care license, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Register for and complete orientation with Community Care Licensing
- Complete a total of 16 hours of Pediatric CPR, which includes 8 hours of First Aid and 8 hours of Preventative Health and Safety courses
- Obtain background checks and fingerprints for all adults who will be working or living in the home
- Obtain tuberculosis (TB) tests and Tdap vaccine
- Submit all licensing forms and fees, including:
- Family Child Care License Application
- Copies of the certificates or proof of registration of the required 16 hours of Pediatric CPR training
- TB test results with doctor’s signature of all household members who are 18 years of age or older (form LIC 508 and LIC 9108).
- A check of $73.00 for the application fee made payable to the Department of Social Services and the original copies of Notification Letter for the orientation meeting and Certificate of Attendance.
- Pass the licensing home inspection visit by Community Care Licensing.
Community Care Licensing
The Peninsula Regional Community Care Licensing (CCL) Office, located in San Bruno, and serving San Francisco, Marin, and San Mateo counties, provides licensing and monitors family child care homes and child care centers to ensure that they provide safe and healthy environments for children.
If you're interested in becoming a family child care provider, Wu Yee's Provider Training Program can help! We can guide you through the licensing process, and help you prepare your family child care home environment. Sign up for an orientation below, or call us at 415.230.7537 (English & Chinese) or 415.230.7538 (Spanish).
Community Care Licensing
Peninsula Regional Office, Child Care
851 Traeger Ave, Suite 360
San Bruno, CA 94066
Contact Wu Yee's Provider Support
Are you interested in learning more about becoming a family child care provider? Are you a provider who'd like to receive training or professional development? For more information on Wu Yee's provider support services, please call 415.230.7537 (English & Chinese) or 415.230.7538 (Spanish), email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the form below.