Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
Under the direction of the Center Manager, the Center Assistant provides coverage and supports teaching staff. They assist in maintaining appropriate teacher – child ratios, ensuring visual supervision of children at all times. They support in food preparation, maintaining food inventory and food safety and appropriate logs. In addition they will also provide an array of cleaning and hygiene tasks. The Center Assistant works an adjusted work schedule as needed in order to meet needs of program site. They will also assists children with toileting and diapering, as needed.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1 year of experience working with young children and diverse populations
- Experience working with food preparation
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and other staff
- Maintain an overall positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrate competence in supporting families
- Models good judgment, effective problem solving and priority setting skills
- Able to bend and lift up to 50 pounds
· A valid California Child Development Assistant permit required.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com