Childcare Subsides Caseworker II
Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
WhY WORK FOR WU YEE:
Wu Yee is committed to the professional development and ongoing support for all staff. Wu Yee offers competitive wages and benefit plans which include medical, dental, vision and acupuncture/chiropractic care for employees and their families for full time employees. In addition, Wu Yee offers an employer-sponsored shared-contribution 403 (b) retirement plan, pre-tax benefits and flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and commuting.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Childcare Subsidies Caseworker II (Caseworker) provides case management to families for various child care subsidies programs within Wu Yee. The Caseworker is responsible for interviewing families and determining eligibility for subsidies, enrolling families into the program, conducting intake, and providing Chinese translation as needed.
The Caseworker serves as the interdepartmental coordinator of services for the Resource and Referral, Child Development and Provider Services departments. They will also provide families with orientations into the program, establishes service plans, and will be responsible for certification and re-certification of families.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· Bilingual in Cantonese /English (written and verbal) required
· Knowledge of childcare issues and childcare system
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communications skills
· Experience coordinating interdepartmental services for Early Head Start and Head Start
· Knowledge of community resources
· Strong team player and great sense of humor
· Proficient with MS office suite and strong excel and database experience
· Occasional night and weekends work
· Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Education, Social Work or related field and two years paid experience working in multi funded programs, Early Head Start- Head Start Program or subsides.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Please note this position is currently open for internal candidates only as of 12/13/2016.