Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Childcare Worker works part time and on call. They will provide temporary childcare as parents attend workshops and training.
The Childcare Worker will provide consistent, responsive care to children as temporary care givers. They will assist the staff facilitators by providing care to the children. They will help set up the environment for the children, perform checks with the parents, sanitize child watch room toys, encourage children to cooperate and socialize, and respond to emergencies as they may occur.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· Bilingual in Cantonese required
· Demonstrates competence in supporting families and children
· Models good judgment and effective problem solving
· Experience working with young children
· Experience working with diverse population
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team
· Good communication, problem solving and priority setting skills as well as maintaining overall positive and professional attitude
· Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
· Some knowledge of Child development/ Early Childhood education preferred, but not required
HOW TO APPLY:
· Please submit resume to email@example.com