Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
WHO WE ARE:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
WHY WORK FOR WU YEE:
Wu Yee is committed to the professional development and ongoing support for all staff. Wu Yee offers competitive wages and benefit plans which include medical, dental, vision and acupuncture/chiropractic care for employees and their families. In addition, Wu Yee offers an employer-sponsored shared-contribution 403 (b) retirement plan, pre-tax benefits and flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and commuting.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Controller will be responsible for oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities. The Controller will play a supporting role in presentations to the board finance and audit committees and will work closely with the executive team.
The Controller will lead all day-to-day finance operations of a budget of $17 million and supervise a team of 4 staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, and grants administration. The Controller will ensure Wu Yee Children’s Services has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct clean audits. The Controller will work closely with program leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support program operations.
In addition, the Controller will partner with the CFO, human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) staff to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
- Leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals;
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Seven to ten years of accounting and finance experience, ideally in accounting and audit, followed by experience gathering, evaluating, presenting and reporting financial information to executive teams and external stakeholders.
- Experience in a complex nonprofit managing Head Start and California Department of Education contracted programs is highly desired.
- Ability to leverage strengths of the current finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals;
- Demonstrated skills with internal communications at all levels of an organization that promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and unwavering commitment to Wu Yee Children’s Services’ mission; a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own, in partnership with the CFO, the responsibility for finance
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments
- A track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting of government, corporate and foundation grants is essential
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to recruiting, mentoring, training, and retaining a diverse team; the foresight and ability to delegate accordingly
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus. simple reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Ability and desire to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels including finance and non-finance managers
- Minimum education level of a Bachelorsin Accounting or Finance
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.