Development and Marketing Coordinator
Who We Are
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
Why Work for Wu Yee
Wu Yee is committed to the professional development and ongoing support for all staff. Wu Yee offers competitive wages and benefit plans which include medical, dental, vision and acupuncture/chiropractic care for employees and their families. In addition, Wu Yee offers an employer-sponsored shared-contribution 403 (b) retirement plan, pre-tax benefits and flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and commuting.
Reporting to the Chief Development and Communications Officer (CDCO), the Development and Marketing Coordinator provides marketing, graphic design and fundraising support for the organization.
The Ideal candidate will be technically savvy and have experience in graphic design and writing. They will assist with designing, writing, and reviewing of marketing materials including donor packets, blogs, social media, websites and other print and online material. They will also be responsible for maintaining the donor database and assisting with development and public relations actives.
Who We Are Looking For:
● Two years’ experience in marketing and/or development within the nonprofit and/or the social service sector required.
● Savvy with graphic design and technology. Experience with software such as (InDesign, Photoshop, Publisher, Adobe and MS Office).
● Superior writing and presentation skills, and the ability to proofread with accuracy.
● Strong passion for the mission statement and providing opportunities for families to thrive.
● Experience editing and managing Word Press websites, knowledgeable in Mail Chimp desirable.
● A Sense of humor, can-do attitude, team player and willingness to dive in and do what is necessary.
● Occasional weekends and evenings are required.
● Bachelor’s degree and two years’ experience in marketing and/or development within the nonprofit and/or the social service sector.
How to Apply:
To be considered for the Development and Marketing Coordinator position submit 3 samples of previous work with your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Examples of supporting materials you can submit (3 required):
● Collateral (ex. brochures, pamphlets, forms, media kits, donor packets)
● Publications (ex. newsletters, articles, research papers, program books)
● Development Communications (ex. appeals, Direct Mail packages, thank you letters, grant applications, case statements)
● Online links (websites, social media sites, landing pages, online campaigns)
● Public Relations (press releases, speeches and public remarks)
● Advertisements or other creative writing project