Early Learning Coach
Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
The Early Learning Coach works with a selected group of young parent interns that have an interest in becoming future Childhood Educators. The role of the Early Learning Coach is to provide direction and mentoring to the interns that are placed in our various sites in San Francisco.
They will also work closely with Site Supervisors to implement assigned curriculum, and to develop the parent interns. The need for this individual to be flexible on traveling throughout our San Francisco sites is vital. This is a new program that is working in conjunction with the JVS (Jewish Vocational Services), and is budgeted for the next two years.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Minimum Four years of teaching experience with young children in a diverse population
- Two years of experience leading a team and implementing a developmental curriculum
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and staff
- Overall professional and positive attitude
- Demonstrated competency in supporting families
- Models good judgment, effective problem solving skills
- Bilingual in Spanish/English strongly preferred
- Occasional lifting up to 50lbs
- Bachelors degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education or related field
- A Valid California Child Development Site Supervisor Permit