The Facility Manager will provide leadership in managing all building and system operations and has primary responsibility for day-to-day management of all facility-related operations. This position serves as a member of the Operations team and is responsible to oversee and interact with those who maintain year-round maintenance, emergency, facility work, janitorial services and other operational functions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with preparing an annual maintenance budget.
- Assists in the management of proper care and maintenance of Wu Yee facilities.
- Assists the Chief Operations Officer in the supervision, planning, organization, and scheduling the work of various craft workers, such as HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), repair workers, carpenters, electricians, plumbers, and painters.
- Assists the Chief Operations Officer with preparing the budget for the 25 year Capital Improvement Plan.
- Inspects the work performance of the facility employees and sub-contracted work.
- Works with sub-contractors on repairs, installations, small construction remodeling, grounds improvements, and maintenance projects.
- Supervises outside janitorial staff to ensure facilities are maintained and clean.
- Assists with required facility inspections.
- Works with the Online Request for Services work order database on a daily basis for work assignments, prioritization and follow up of completed projects.
- Prioritizing, organizing and scheduling work assignments.
- Manages proper disposal of hazardous and E-waste material.
- Assists with space utilization practices and physical inventory procedures.
- Effectively communicates with a variety of people, both verbally and in writing.
- Develops scope of work, specifications, bid packages, bid the work, negotiate, administer contracts, issue notices to proceed, manage construction, conducts final inspections and issues notice of completion.
- Manage invoicing for contracted construction work with the Fiscal Department.
- Work closely with Purchasing Agent for procurement of materials, services and related items.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to analyze and solve problems. Ability to establish and maintain professional working relationships with staff. Ability to interact with a diverse community.
- Ability to interpret policy and procedures established by Wu Yee, including knowledge of contract documents, specifications, compliance and product/service quality.
- Skill in budget preparation.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as assigned.
- Proven ability to work as a team member, but also make effective independent decisions and follow through on assignments.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrates proficiency in both oral and written communication; operates computers using standard Word processing, Excel spreadsheet, Internet.
- Has a general understanding of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Electrical Systems, Plumbing, Roofing, Carpentry, Security and Fire Life Safety Systems.
- Familiarity with green and sustainable practices.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- BA/BS degree in facilities management or related field and three years of progressive responsibility; or
- AA degree from an accredited college or technical school in facilities management or related field and five years of progressive responsibility.
HOW to APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.