Family Services Specialist
Provide support to Joy Lok Family Resource Center, conduct case management services to families, and conduct outreach to increase the communities’ awareness of Joy Lok programs and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement family support services within Joy Lok Family Resource Center and the Childcare Resource and Referral program; including fulfilling contract requirements and outcomes.
- Conduct one-on-one case management services by providing family support resources to clients, including child care resources and referrals, screening of public benefits, and low-income assistance programs.
- Assist clients in applying for services through in person and/or over the phone contact; engage in follow-up with families to ensure that their needs are met.
- Familiarize self with community resources appropriate to the needs of clients; build connections with community partners to ensure successful referral linkages.
- Conduct culturally and linguistically appropriate outreach events in the community to promote Joy Lok programs and services.
- Coordinate, develop (research and design) and conduct bilingual trainings and workshops for parents/caregivers, community agencies and schools, as needed.
- Supports the program with day to day operations, administration, and fills–in for other program staff as needed.
- Coordinates parent/family advocacy efforts, support families in development of self-advocacy skills.
- Provides translation and interpretation of materials as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two year of paid working experience working with low income API families and children.
- Bilingual in Cantonese/English a must; bi-literate a plus.
- Strong background working in a community service setting.
- Excellent time management, organizational and computer software skill.
- Working knowledge of Chinatown resources, strengths and needs.
- Strong knowledge in MS Office Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to bend and lift up to 30 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology and/or related field. Master’s degree a plus.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply for an open position, please submit a cover letter, your resume and a copy of your transcript, to firstname.lastname@example.org.