Family Support Office Administrator
Provider front office and administrative support to the Family Support Services Unit ensure the work environment operates under a smooth, effective, and harmonious for children, families and staffs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee and provide administrative duties of the Family Resource Center.
- Maintain comprehensive understanding of the Family Support Services functions, company structure and employee duties to effectively respond and direct the needs of the families.
- Maintain frequent dialogues such as but not limited to sharing community trends, and observations with back office personnel to ensure services are delivered effectively and in high quality standards.
- Greet families as they arrive, provide knowledge to families about the intake process for services and prepare them for their services in friendly and professionally manner.
- Introduce, explain and recruit families to join any appropriate Family Support Services programs and review appropriate forms or applications are filled out accurately.
- Ensure the front desk area and the family lobby area cleaned and in tidy order at all times.
- Answer the office telephones and transfer callers to the appropriate program or other departments within the agency.
- Maintain program attendance tracking and collections.
- Ensure program data and attendance is accurately entered into the Contract Management System (CMS)
- Ensure that incoming mail and outgoing mail is sorted and routed correctly.
- Provide assistance in preparing documents, filings, reports, copying, collating, and word processing support to office staff.
- Maintain secured Petty Cash for the office and document its use.
- Process supplies requests promptly and accurately. Complete purchase orders, place orders and resolve problems with vendors; track office supply inventory weekly to ensure sufficient stocks of basic supplies, and place special orders for supplies as requested; Oversee receipt and delivery of supplies to ensure that orders are complete and materials are in good condition.
- Work with facilities to arrange for any needed repairs, and follow up to ensure that repairs are completed; Provide basic care for office equipment and arrange for technical support as needed.
- Provide support to the family lending library including but not limited to book and toy upkeep, checking in/out books and registering families for library cards.
- Help support and participate in staff meetings, special projects and family events.
- Maintain scheduling calendar for use of space.
- Monitor the safety, cleanliness, and appearance of the facility; Open and close office daily.
- Provide reception support to ensure that callers and visitors are made to feel welcome and are routed promptly and correctly, and that messages are taken and routed correctly and on a timely basis; Organize and maintain the reception area to create an organized and welcoming environment for visitors
- Ensure safety of facility by screening visitors and managing the security system including alarm codes and keys
- Provide translation to program materials.
- Provide accurate program information to visitors and callers.
- Train volunteers to assist in providing reception support as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual and bi-literate in Cantonese/English required
- Proficient in MS office and office equipment
- Strong interest in working with Families and young children
- Self-directed and motivated with strong problem solving skills
- Experience handling multiple demands, planning and prioritizing work flow to meet deadlines in a fast and changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to bend and lift up to 50 lbs.
- High school graduate; Some college or related training preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply for an open position, please submit a cover letter, your resume and a copy of your transcript, to firstname.lastname@example.org.