Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
The Health Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing high quality nutrition and health programs to all children enrolled. They ensure all children are on a schedule for age appropriate preventive and primary health care within four weeks of entry into Wu Yee’s programs. They will work collaboratively with other staff to arrange any special medical or dental examinations or treatments.
The Health Coordinator monitors food purchasing, preparation, service and storage; and works with vendors to ensure appropriate foods and meals are ordered. They will keep accurate records on children and health related information. Working collaboratively with the Health Service Manger, the incumbent will revise and update program policies and provide training to staff on health and nutrition matters.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Three years of experience in health or related field
- Knowledge of pediatric, Department of Health regulations, and community health
- Knowledge and ability to implement Child Care Food Program requirements
- Detail oriented with strong follow through, and organizational skills
- Experience working with children and families of different socio-economic backgrounds
- Passion for supporting high risk, low income communities
- Bilingual in Cantonese or Spanish preferred
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
Bachelor’s degree in Health, Nutrition or related fields. MS or MPH preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com