San Francisco's Department of Children, Youth and Their Families (DCYF) and the Human Services Agency (HSA), in partnership with First 5, San Francisco has approved $38 million over the next three years in renewed funding for family resource centers (FRCs). These funds are essential in assisting many of the challenges families with children living in San Francisco face. Joy Lok families can continue to receive free support in the form of educational playgroups, a toy and book lending library, parenting workshops, social support networks and public benefits assistance in Chinese.
Joy Lok is partnering with SF Smart Money Coaching to offer free one-on-one financial coaching to families who are looking for saving strategies, loan assistance, credit building, etc.
Appointments are available starting on Thursday 7/27/17. Please call (415) 321-3823 to schedule an appointment. Available in Chinese and English.
Visit 888 Clay Street or call 415-391-4890 to sign up for Joy Lok FRC classes and workshops!
Stay safe this summer by following these important safety tips:
- Apply sunscreen with SPF 15 or greater to reduce the intensity of UV rays that can cause sunburns. Apply 15 to 30 minutes before sun exposure.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids when you go outside to avoid dehydration.
- Take time to ensure the outdoor play areas around your home or community are safe and protect children from injuries.
- Drowning is among the leading causes of accidental death in children. Enroll your child in swimming classes for free or at low-cost from SF Park and Recreation. We can help you apply for a Family Scholarship Account for discounts to classes!
Do you know how to perform CPR? The Chinatown Public Health Center offers low-cost and sometimes free CPR and First Aid classes to the community. Contact the Chinatown Public Health Center for more information at 415.364.7600.
- 塗抹有 SPF 15 或更高之防曬油，以減少紫外線導致曬傷的強度。在曬太陽前15—30 分鐘前塗抹。
Summer Reading Program
“Every Great Adventure Begins with a Book”
Our Summer Reading Program has begun! Pick up a Joy Lok Reading Log today. When your child completes 15 hours or more of reading, turn it in by 8/1/15 to receive a free gift for your child. (Gift selection varies.)
Participants will also be invited to a special end of summer celebration with story time, raffle prizes, games, and more! This event fills up quickly, please sign up after returning your reading log to us.
Event Location: Chinatown Public Library, Lower Level Conference Room , 1135 Powell St
Date: Friday, August 14th, 2015
This is not a SF Public Library sponsored program.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 415.391.4890 for more information.
夏日閱讀慶祝會活動地點: 三藩市華埠公共圖書館 (1135 Powell St),
下層會議室 日期: 星期五, 8/14/15
時間: 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
連絡人資訊: email@example.com / 415.391.4890
Download / 下載
Joy Lok Family Resource Center and Single Stop, in partnership with Chinese Newcomers Service Center is offering free tax preparation services!
To qualify for Free Tax Prep, individuals or families must meet the following criteria:
- Annual gross income must not exceed $53,000
- No property in the United States and overseas
- No investment in stocks, bonds or others
- Must not receive rent income
Service hours and location:
Mondays and Fridays, 2/3/2014 - 3/31/2014
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
Joy Lok Family Resource Center
888 Clay Street, Lower Level
San Francisco, CA 94108
Appointments can be made in person at 888 Clay Street or over the phone at 415.391.4890 or 415.321.3823.