MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
(Temporary and Part- time)
Join a San Francisco community-focused and family-friendly nonprofit, and help create opportunities for children to be healthy, for families to thrive and for communities to grow strong.
WHO WE ARE
Wu Yee Children’s Services was founded in 1977 to protect children’s rights in the Chinatown immigrant community. Over the years, Wu Yee has grown into a city-wide agency that provides comprehensive educational and support services and programs to all San Francisco children, their families and their communities.
Wu Yee’s comprehensive programs and services include Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs; the Joy Lok Family Resource Center, child care Resource and Referrals, child care subsidies; child care provider training, and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). To learn more about Wu Yee Children's Services, visit wuyee.org.
WHY WORK FOR WU YEE
Children are at the heart of everything at Wu Yee Children’s Services. That is why the name “wu yee”, which means “protector of children” in Cantonese was chosen. Wu Yee is a community-focused, family-friendly non-profit organization that delivers consistent, individualized and quality programs and services that improve the lives of San Francisco children in high-need communities.
Reporting to the CEO, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is committed to the mission of Wu Yee Children's Services, and to serving low-income children, families, and communities.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is primarily responsible for the design and implementation of Wu Yee Children’s Services’ integrated marketing and communications, and for maintaining an agency-wide consistent and positive brand identity and messaging. This is a part time and temporary role with the hours not to exceed 30 hours a week, and duration no longer than 5 months.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE
● Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing and/or communications.
● At least two years professional experience working in the nonprofit and/or the social service sector.
- Experience working with printers, mail houses, vendors, consultants, contractors and other third parties.
- Experience in online marketing and communications with demonstrable social media benchmarks.
- Superior writing and presentation skills and ability to proofread with accuracy.
- Experience producing marketing and communications tools that are culturally-appropriate and in multiple languages.
- Excellent handle on technology - including expert knowledge of Microsoft office suite, familiarity with design software (ex. InDesign, Publisher, Adobe…etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and two samples of previous work for consideration.
Examples of materials to submit via email:
Collateral (ex. brochures, pamphlets, forms, media kits, donor packets)
Publications (ex. newsletters, articles, research papers, program books)
Development Communications (ex. appeals, Direct Mail packages, thank you letters, grant applications, case statements)
Online links (websites, social media sites, landing pages, online campaigns)
Public Relations (press releases, speeches and public remarks)
Technical writing (business presentations, grant applications/reports)
Advertisements or other creative writing projects
Online links to Video/Audio productions