Family Child Care Quality Network Consultant
Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
WhY WORK FOR WU YEE:
Wu Yee is committed to the professional development and ongoing support for all staff. Wu Yee offers competitive wages and benefit plans which include medical, dental, vision and acupuncture/chiropractic care for employees and their families. In addition, Wu Yee offers an employer-sponsored shared-contribution 403 (b) retirement plan, pre-tax benefits and flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and commuting.
The Family Child Care Quality Network Consultant (FCC Field Consultant) serves as the advisor to 25-30 child care providers in the Family Child Care Quality Network, helping them to achieve their goals, increase their quality of care and strengthen their business practices. This position supports providers in the delivery of the citywide Quality Rating System including: training, goal setting, peer support, technical assistance and program evaluation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides case management and other support services to child care providers
- Providing resources to providers to support them in raising their quality of care and business goals
- In collaboration with the San Francisco Quality Rating contractor, assists providers in understanding and navigating the San Francisco Quality Rating and Improvement System and assessment tools.
- Collaborates with internal programs and external programs including the Children’s Council and Family Child care Associations.
- Maintains provider files, tracks progress in City funded database and prepares required reports and documentation.
- Provides outreach and trainings such as bilingual presentation to the community and to under-represented neighborhoods in San Francisco and other venues for resource sharing.
- Coordinates with Family Child Care Association of San Francisco and neighborhood provider networks to identify training and resources throughout the city, recruit and support Family Child Care Network participants and mentors.
- Performs regular site visits throughout San Francisco and demonstrates professionalism and positive representation of agency
- Other related duties as assigned
- Bilingual English/Cantonese required
- Knowledge of Family Child Care programs and supports such as subsidy, SFC3, inclusion etc.
- Familiarity with child care assessment tools, such as FCCERS, CLASS, DRDP, and ASQ.
- Experience in supporting family child care providers or classroom experience with children 0-5 years of age or school age children (after school program)
- Know the varying supports for providers including lending library, family resource centers and other community supports
- Ability to work with and relate to a diverse staff and client population around San Francisco
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, EXCEL, ACCESS or other programs a plus
- Flexible schedule including evenings and some weekends
- BA/BS Degree and 1 years of experience in the Child Development OR AA Degree and 3 years of experience in the Child Development.
- Possession of 24 ECE units preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
· Please submit a cover letter, your resume and a copy of your transcript, to email@example.com