Family Services Specialist
Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
Why Work For WU YEE:
Wu Yee is committed to the professional development and ongoing support for all staff. Wu Yee offers competitive wages and benefit plans which include medical, dental, vision and acupuncture/chiropractic care for employees and their families for full time employees. In addition, Wu Yee offers an employer-sponsored shared-contribution 403 (b) retirement plan, pre-tax benefits and flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and commuting.
The Family Services Specialist works in supporting Wu Yee’s Joy Lok Family Resource Center. The Joy Lok Family Resource Center is a lively community space where families come to seek support and attend various parent support programs. The Specialist will provide case management services to families, assisting them with identifying community resources including public benefits programs, and help with the application process.
The Family Services Specialist will also assist families in applying for low income housing, employment training programs and will conduct relevant parent workshops and outreach to families within the community.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bilingual and Bi-literate in Cantonese/English required
- Two years of experience working with low-income families
- Strong background working in a community service setting; and a passion for serving immigrant families.
- Excellent time management, organizational and computer (MS office suite) skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of local community resources
· Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Child Development, Education, Psychology or related field preferred but not required.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Please submit a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.