Office Services Assistant
To provide administrative support to the main administrative office and create an efficient working environment in the administrative office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and connects visitors to appropriate department/individual.
- Provides accurate organization and program information to visitors and callers.
- Partners with staff and works with supervisor to ensure that the reception area is always covered with an appropriate staff member.
- Ensures the safety of facility by screening visitors.
- Assists applicants by reviewing applications to ensure that forms are filled out and all required documents are attached.
- Directs incoming phone calls to the appropriate department/individual.
- Retrieves messages from general voice-mail box and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Ensures that incoming and outgoing mail and faxes are sorted and routed correctly.
- Monitors the safety, cleanliness, and appearance of the facility; open and close office daily.
- Updates bulletins boards and other informational sources as needed.
- Maintains/restores meeting rooms before and immediately following meetings, ensuring cleanliness and that adequate office supplies are available.
- Develops and maintains scheduling calendars for conference rooms.
- Provides copying, collating, and work processing support to office staff.
- Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, mailing machine etc.
- Develops and maintains the log for office cabinet key, laptop, and projector.
- Processes office supply requests promptly and accurately, complete purchase requisition form, place orders and resolve problems with vendors.
- Organizes invoices and packing slips for the preparation of the agency expenditure form.
- Prepares monthly credit card reports.
- Oversees receipt and delivery of supplies to ensure that orders are complete and materials are in good condition.
- Inventories main office and kitchen supplies weekly to ensure sufficient stocks of basic supplies and place special orders for supplies as requested.
- Works with assigned staff to plan, organize, and coordinate activities essential to the implementation of successful special events.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Bilingual in Chinese/English required.
· Proficient with Excel and Word.
· Enthusiastic individual who enjoys team work.
· Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
· Self-directed and motivated with strong problem solving skills.
· Contributes to a supportive and productive work environment by taking initiative and bringing issues to the attention of the appropriate staff member when needed.
· Experience handling multiple demands, planning and prioritizing work flow to meet deadlines in a fast and changing environment.
· Able to bend and lift up to 50 pounds.
- High school graduate; some college or related training preferred