Preschool Lead Teacher
Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
WHO WE ARE:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
In collaboration with the Center Manager and teaching team, the Lead Teacher creates an environment to reflect the cultural values and diversity of the children and families served. S/he provides consistent, responsive and respectful care to the children as a primary caregiver (teacher), and is also responsible for the safety, care, supervision, and development of all children in the classroom. The Lead Teacher develops and is responsible for the implementation of lesson plans and classroom activities, as well as ongoing monitoring of the environment and interactions in the classroom. The Lead Teacher is a role model and mentor for staff, parents, and children. S/he shares information about child development, best practices, and encourages family engagement in the classroom and center.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bilingual in Spanish/English
- Two years of teaching experience with young children and diverse populations preferred.
- Experience in leading a team in implementing a developmental and age appropriate curriculum.
- Good communication, problem solving and priority setting skills as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude.
- B.A. in Early Childhood Education or related field OR AA degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education with five years of classroom experience AND must enroll for classes toward completing BA degree over the course of 2 years in order to maintain position.
- A valid California Child Development Teacher permit or presently eligible for permit application with proof of application submitted.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your resume and a copy of your unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If invited for an interview, a copy of your permit or verification form (from your local college advisor) will be required.