The Purchasing Agent is responsible for developing, implementing and operationalizing the Agency’s purchasing process. The Purchasing Agent will create and maintain communication systems to keep staff current on all operations and facilities requests for material and services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- In conjunction with fiscal department, follow purchasing policies and procedure that comply with funders regulations.
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Discuss defective or unacceptable goods with staff and vendors to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Confers with vendor to obtain product information, such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Follow competitive bidding process that complies with funder requirements.
- Determine quantity and timing of supply deliveries.
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand.
- Monitor the communication system that documents the progress of an order and/or facilities requests.
- Maintain agency capital assets at each agency location.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Preferred, 3 years of purchasing experience, in nonprofit education and early childhood development.
- Negotiating skills
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, Customer Service Databases
- Organizational skills for efficient office control are mandatory
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Solid decision making skills
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
- Bachelor Degree, in a business related area.
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply for an open position, please submit a cover letter, your resume and a copy of your transcript, to email@example.com.