Child Care Resource and Referral Services
As contractors for the California State Department of Education, Wu Yee's Child Care Resource and Referral (R&R) Program supports families in their search for affordable, quality child care by providing parent education, referrals to child care services that meet family needs and navigation of the child care financial aid system. All of our services are offered free of charge and all information is kept confidential.
For families, we provide the following services:
- Consultations for parents navigating the child care system in San Francisco.
- Referrals to child care providers from a comprehensive database of San Francisco’s licensed providers- including child care centers and family child care homes.
- Workshops to support parents on topics including child development and parenting.
- A free Toy and Book Lending Library.
- Community resources for families
- Assistance in determining a family’s eligibility for child care payment assistance and various child care programs including:
- Early Head Start/Head Start
- Preschool For All (PFA)
- Early Learning Scholarship (ELS)
- State funded programs
Our services are offered to all San Francisco residents, regardless of a family’s income. If you do not qualify for child care financial assistance programs, we will still support your family in the search for a provider that best fits your needs.
We're Happy to Help
No matter what your needs are, we would be happy to provide assistance. Our team of experienced and bilingual (Chinese/English, Spanish/English) specialists are available:
Lower level of 888 Clay Street, Chinatown
- Monday: 9 am to 5 pm
- Tuesday: 9 am to 12:30 pm
- Wednesday: 9 am to 5 pm
- Thursday: 9 am to 5 pm
- Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
1800 Oakdale Avenue, Bayview
Thursday: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
Walk-ins are welcome but appointments preferred. Child care is provided to clients bringing their children. Please feel free to call, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us in person. We would love to meet you!
Our hotline is 1-844-644-4300. Please leave us a voicemail if we are unable to answer right away. We will do our best to respond within 48 hours.
Child Care Provider Options
Every family and child’s needs are different and we do our best to explore all child care options with families so that the best decision can be made for the development of the child. Our R&R team can help you to determine eligibility for the various options and answer any questions you may have. Below are some of the common child care program options in San Francisco.
Head Start/Early Head Start
Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded programs that provide a variety of services including education, health and development screenings, nutrition, social services and support for children with disabilities. The programs support the mental, social and emotional development from birth to age 5, that are sensitive to each child's ethnic, cultural and linguistic heritage
California State Preschool
The California State Preschool Program is the largest state-funded preschool program in the nation. The program is for 3- and 4-year-old children whose families qualify either for part-day or full-day care services.
Preschool for All (PFA)
Preschool For All (PFA) is San Francisco’s universal preschool program. PFA is offered at a reduced cost or free for children who are 4-years-old who live in San Francisco County, regardless of family income. The program supports all families, including those may not be eligible under other subsidized programs.
The California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids program (CalWORKs), nationally known as Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) provides an array of services for low-income families including job training, cash assistance, and child care. Participants in the CalWORKS program may be eligible for payment assistance to enroll in licensed child care facilities as well as license-exempt care through friends, families and neighbors.
Wu Yee's Child Care
Resource & Referral
888 Clay St., Lower Level
San Francisco, CA 94108 and 1800 Oakdale Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94124
Monday: 9 am to 5 pm
Tuesday: 9 am to 12:30 pm
Wednesday: 9 am to 5 pm
Thursday: 9 am to 5 pm
Thursday: 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm
(1800 Oakdale only)
Friday: 9 am to 5 pm
(1) State law requires licensed child day care facilities to make accessible to the public a copy of any licensing report pertaining to the facility that documents a facility visit or a substantiated complaint investigation. In addition, a more complete file regarding a child care licensee may be available at an office of the State Department of Social Services Community Care Licensing Division. You have the right to access any public information in these files.
(2) We will provide information to any person who requests a child care referral of his or her right to view the licensing information of a licensed child day care facility required to be maintained at the facility pursuant to Section 1596.859 of the Health and Safety Code (HSC) and to access any public files pertaining to the facility that are maintained by the State Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division.(EC 8212[b][A]).
You may do this by calling the local Community Care Licensing Division at (650) 266-8800.
If you would like to file a complaint against a provider, please call 1-844-LET-US-NO.