Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
WHO WE ARE:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
In collaboration with the Site Leader, Lead Teacher, Associate Teacher, and Center Assistant, assists in development an engaging environment that reflects the cultural values and diversity of the children and families served across the center based programs. They provides consistent, responsive and respectful care to the children and is also responsible for the safety, care, and development of all of the children. The Floater supports the program in many different classrooms/sites throughout any particular day based on the program’s needs.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 1 year of teaching experience with young children and diverse populations
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and other staff
- Good communication, as well as maintaining an overall positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated competence in supporting families
- Models good judgment, effective problem solving and priority setting skills
- Able to bend and lift up to 50 pounds
- A valid California Child Development Associate Teacher permit
HOW TO APPLY:
- To apply for an open position, please submit a your resume and a copy of your transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If invited for an interview, a copy of your permit or verification form (from your local college advisor) will be required.