Resource Teacher Assistant (Temporary)
In collaboration with the Center Manager, Lead Teacher, Associate Teacher, Resource Teacher and Center Assistant, assists in development an engaging environment that reflects the cultural values and diversity of the children and families served across the center based programs. S/he provides consistent, responsive and respectful care to the children and is also responsible for the safety, care, and development of all of the children. The substitute is on an on-call basis and supports the program in many different classrooms/sites throughout any particular day based on the program’s needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Center Manager or designee, provide coverage and/or support for teaching staff in the planning and implementation of age and developmentally appropriate curriculum for children, including daily open-ended activities to expand their competencies across developmental domains and carry out primary responsibilities of that position
- Under the direction and supervision of the lead teacher supports one on one assistance with children when necessary
- Contribute to a safe, healthy, nurturing, and culturally relevant classroom environment for all children and families
- Follow directions of Wu Yee’s Center Managers, lead , associate and resource teachers.
- Maintain timely communication with Wu Yee program staff and families.
- Conduct adult initiated activities as indicated in the lesson plan
- Act as support and resource during child initiated activities
- Report/document child injuries
- Support positive guidance implementation in the classrooms
- Support children in developing problem solving skills
- Assist to set up the classroom environment as needed
- Model Family Style meal times for children
- Ensure that that children are signed in and out of the center appropriately
- Ensure documentation of all significant contacts with families
- Never be left unsupervised with a child
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 1 year of teaching experience with young children
- Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents and other staff
- Excellent Communication skills and an overall positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated competence in supporting families
- Models good judgment and ability to make quick decisions
- Able to bend and lift up to 50 pounds
- Spanish /English fluency or Cantonese /English fluency preferred
High School Diploma or equivalent
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.