Resource and Referral Manager
Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
WhY WORK FOR WU YEE:
Wu Yee is committed to the professional development and ongoing support for all staff. Wu Yee offers competitive wages and benefit plans which include medical, dental, vision and acupuncture/chiropractic care for employees and their families. In addition, Wu Yee offers an employer-sponsored shared-contribution 403 (b) retirement plan, pre-tax benefits and flexible spending accounts for health, dependent care, and commuting.
The Resource and Referral (R &R) Manager leads and implements the R&R program. They will be point in developing and managing a connected system that supports parents, child care providers, and the local community in finding and providing affordable quality child care.
The R&R Manager will develop and maintain strong partnerships with families and community outreach programs. They will develop parent advocacy efforts and strategic outreach. In addition to providing training to internal and external partners to support the program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides leadership, vision, philosophy, direction, and guidance to the R&R program
- Maintains and develops partnership opportunities with families
- Develops and lead a parent advocacy component and coordinates agency advocacy efforts
- Manages the R&R programs in a fiscally sound manner ensuring program goals
- Establishes good relationships with funders, work with collaborative partners to develop proposals and work plan for funding
- Develops and implements outreach plans to recruit participants
- Ensures the R&R database is maintained and provides necessary reporting
- Lead training efforts to ensure that family trainings and resources are relevant
- Conducts trainings and implement playgroups to parents
- Participates and represents the agency in community meetings (Community Care Licensing meetings, Resource &Referral Network, Family Support, etc.)
- Supports staff to obtain the skills and training they need to optimize their performance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual in Cantonese/English strongly preferred
- Three paid years of experience working in Human Services Field required
- Two years of supervisory experience required
- Strong knowledge of child care and family support
- Knowledge of San Francisco community resources
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the able to handle multiple tasks with flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse groups of individuals
- A team player who has a collaborative work style, supports colleagues and has a sense of humor
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Ability to occasional lift up to 50 pounds
- A minimum of 12 Early Childhood Education units
Bachelor degree in related field; Master Degree strongly Preferred
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org