Come join a dynamic, well-established non-profit built in the heart of San Francisco and now expanding in order to reach all regions!
Who We are:
Wu Yee delivers comprehensive services throughout the City of San Francisco. We serve over 4,000 children, families and child care providers each year.
We provide Early Head Start, Head Start, and State Preschool programs, Child Care Resources and Referrals, Child Care Subsidies and the Family Child Care Quality Network (FCCQN). The phrase “wu yee” means “protector of children” in Cantonese, and truly, children are at the heart of everything we do. If you’d like to learn more about who we are, please visit wuyee.org.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Controller and will be responsible for a wide variety of complex fiscal task. They will be responsible for accurate maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable and payroll records. In addition they will assist with month-end close, budgeting, preparation for IRS form 990 Tax Return and assisting with the audit process.
Having a strong background in the Non-profit sector, and being highly organized and detail oriented are essential in this role.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
· Two years minimum of non-profit accounting experience required
· Knowledge of US GAAP and accounting standards
· Highly organized and detail oriented
· Excellent computer skills savvy with (MS word, Excel etc.)
· Familiarity with NetSuite preferred
· Knowledge of Head Start and California Department of Education contracted programs a plus
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communications skills
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Economics or related field.
HOW TO APPLY:
· Please submit a cover letter, and your resume to email@example.com