Child Care Subsidies Case Worker
The Child Care Subsidies Case Worker provides child care case management to families in various subsidized child care programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview prospective clients to assess and determine eligibility for child care needs.
- Enroll eligible families into the Subsidies program as directed by the Manager; conduct in-person intakes with families.
- Orient parents and child care providers to child care subsidies system.
- Establish child care service plans for families and their children.
- Provide resources and/or make an enhanced referral to other agencies when appropriate.
- Give referrals to parents on licensed child care providers.
- Conduct workshops and orientations for parents and providers as needed.
- Maintain an ongoing communication and follow-up with parents, child care providers, and other social services providers.
- Document phone conversations with parents, child care providers, and other social services providers.
- Attend meetings that are relevant to the Subsidies program; represent the Agency in the community and collaborate with other community based organizations.
- Participate in department team projects and cross trainings. Assist in other agency activities as needed.
- Calculate and process providers’ attendance sheets as needed.
- Generate and submit child care payment reports to the fiscal department to meet contractual requirements.
- Assist with Agency’s contract compliance. Understand, follow, and implement policies and procedures that are mandated by the state, federal, and local governments.
- Report suspected child abuse as needed.
- Provide verbal and written Chinese translation as needed.
- Able to work some weekends and evenings.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingual in Cantonese/ English required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of child care issues and child care delivery system
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Experience working with limited English speakers and diverse populations
- Be a team player. Supports colleagues and has a sense of humor.
- Able to bend and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in Child Development, Education, Social Work or related field AND one year paid experience OR
- 3 years of experience working in child development or human services field
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for an open position, please submit a cover letter, your resume and a copy of your transcript, to email@example.com.